THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
The Committee organises, supports and encourages ringing education and training at all levels, throughout the Association.
The members of the Committee are drawn from all the branches of the Association: they organise training courses; award grants to support events and projects of educational or training benefit to members of the Asssociation; run a bookstall at Association meetings; arrange for the Bookstall to be borrowed for use at locally organised events; and arrange the loan of the Association's Wombel.
Information about our training courses can be viewed via the links below.
The process of arranging our courses takes place during the spring each year, and they are all advertised in outline from May. More detailed information about each course is published as the date approaches, and this can be found under EVENTS on this site, or by downloading the file at the end of this section.
Apply for a place on a course by contacting the person named in the advert.
For further information, please contact the Education Committee Convenor, Elaine Scott.
Please help the Education Committee provide training:
- Offer to lead a course.
- Attend a course as a helper.
- Mentor a student: advise on suitable courses; perhaps attend with them; help them practise after the course.
- Suggest courses the Committee could organise, perhaps in your area.
- Applications for grants from branches, towers and individuals are encouraged.
- Projects and events of educational or training benefit to members of the Association are supported.
- Examples include the installation of simulators and dumbells, and, under certain circumstances, the payment of course fees.
- Grants are awarded to support captital expenditure, but not running costs.
- Awards will not normally exceed £250.
- An application form and the criteria for the award and payment of grants can be downloaded below.
- Deadlines for the receipt of applications: 15th August for consideration in September; 15th December for consideration in January. If a decision is required urgently, please contact the Convenor or Treasurer.
YACR EDUCATION COMMITTEE: GRANT APPLICATION FORM
YACR EDUCATION COMMITTEE: CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD AND PAYMENT OF GRANTS
- The Education Committee Bookstall is a familiar feature at Association meetings.
- It can be borrowed for use at branch and other events.
- Stock includes books and DVDs published by the Central Council, Snowdon Books, Whiting Society, ART, etc.
- Some items are available to members of the Association at discounted prices.
- The Bookstall is run as a service to ringers, but any profit is donated to the Bell Repair Fund (£800 since 2010).
For further information, please contact Gail Cater:
bothCaters@hotmail.com (H) 01904 675 547
For further information or to book, please contact James Gibb:
AngeAndJames@clannet.co.uk (H) 01757 606 123
|East Riding||Neil Donovan|
|Selby & Dist||Stuart Raggett|
|Association President||Barrie Dove|
|Association Ringing Master||Simon Percy|
|Wombel Custodian||James Gibb|