THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
All enquiries about courses and grants via the Secretary email@example.com
ART Level 5 Masterclass
Cick here for a report on members attending the Master class
The Objectives of the YACR are :
- To promote ringing for divine service and to secure recognition of ringers as church worker s.
- To cultivate the art of change ringing and encouraging recruitment and the instruction of ringers
- To cultivate good fellowship amongst ringers and bring all ringers into a closer friendship
- To endeavour to arrange instruction for bands of ringers desiring it
- To obtain the co-operation of church authorities in the maintenance of bells and ringing
The Education Committee ...
…. is one of the ways YACR fulfils these objectives, particularly points 2 & 4 with a good helping of point 4
Þ The Committee consist of one representative from each of the nine Branches and from the Young Tykes, co-opted convenor, sectretary and treasurer with the Assocition Chairman, Ringing Master and keeper of the Wombel being ex-officio members.
Þ The Committee meets as required, usually twice a year, as well as communicating electronically
The Committee organises, supports and encourages ringing education and training at all levels, throughout the Association.
For more details click here
The process of arranging our courses happens continuously throughout the year. More detailed information about each course is published as the date approaches, and this can be found under EVENTS on this site.
Apply for a place on a course by contacting the person named in the advert.
For further information, please contact the Education Committee Convenor.
ART Courses - Teaching bell handling
2023 sees the start of a new round of Association of Ringing Teachers (ART) courses. The aim is to build capacity in the training of ringers by training more teachers. We are a large association with wide geographic spread, and we will do our best to reach everyone who wishes to train as a ringing teacher. The February course in the 'west' of the Yorkshire Association on teaching bell handling was held at Oxenhope and attended by 12 delegates; an enjoyable and informative day was had by all. Further courses on teachng bell handling are scheduled for the 'south' (Eckington), 'east' (Bubwith) and 'north' (Masham).
More information here.
Please help the Education Committee provide training:
- Offer to lead a course.
- Attend a course as a helper.
- Mentor a student: advise on suitable courses; perhaps attend with them; help them practise after the course.
- Suggest courses the Committee could organise, perhaps in your area.
- Individuals are encouraged to attend ART course and workshops.
- Grants up to the full cost of the courses are available for fully paid up members.
- Members failing to attend the course must repay the fee
- The procedure for enrolling on ART courses is avaiable here
- Applications for grants from branches, towers and individuals are encouraged.
- Projects and events of educational or training benefit to members of the Association are supported.
- Examples include the installation of simulators and dumbells, and, under certain circumstances, the payment of course fees.
- Grants are awarded to support captital expenditure, but not running costs.
- Awards will not normally exceed £250.
- An application form and the criteria for the award and payment of grants can be downloaded below.
- Deadlines for the receipt of applications: 15th August for consideration in September; 15th December for consideration in January. If a decision is required urgently, please contact the Convenor or Treasurer.
YACR EDUCATION COMMITTEE: GRANT APPLICATION FORM
YACR EDUCATION COMMITTEE: CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD AND PAYMENT OF GRANTS
For further information or to book, please contact James Gibb:
AngeAndJames@clannet.co.uk (H) 01757 606 123
|Association Ringing Master